Attractions Near Our Finger Lakes Inn
Here are just a handful of the endless attractions to check outduring your vacation at A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast. From wine tasting and exploring Seneca Falls and Cayuga Lake, to meandering through the village of Skaneateles, and everything in between, we are positive that we can help you find the perfect activities to make your stay here memorable. Below you will find a wide variety of Finger Lakes and New York attractions; please let us know if you would like any additional information after visiting the individual websites presented by the links below. Also, be sure to see our list of Top 10 Things to Do in the area!
Local Historic Sites
- Harriet Tubman Home – Registered National Historic Landmark since 1975.
- The Seward House – Historic home of William H. Seward and his family.
- Willard Memorial Chapel – The Tiffany Treasure of the World.
- Women’s Rights Park
- National Women’s Hall of Fame
- Seneca Falls Historical Society
- Fort Hill Cemetery – Burial grounds of William Seward, Harriet Tubman, and other historic figures.
- Cayuga Community College
- Cornell University
- Cortland College
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- Ithaca College
- New York Chiropractic College
- Syracuse University
- Wells College
- Corning Museum of Glass – Unique museum with a mission to “Engage, educate, and inspire visitors and the community through the art, history, and science of glass.”
- Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center – Fine arts exhibitions change regularly and include a wide variety of subjects including fine arts, architecture, and design. Among the most popular exhibitions is the annual Quilts=Art=Quilts, a national, juried quilt exhibit, which opens the second week of November and runs through the first week of January.
- Case Research Lab Museum – Preservation of the birthplace of talking movies.
- Cayuga Museum of History and Art – Changing local history exhibits.
- Ward O’Hara Agricultural Museum – A large and interesting private collection of agricultural history and the everyday life of days gone by.
Nearby Cities & Towns
- Auburn, NY – Located just north of Owasco Lake, Auburn is in the heart of one of the most spectacular landscapes in the US.
- Ithaca, NY – Amazing waterfalls and gorges, great restaurants, shopping, hiking, fishing, and boating.
- Seneca Falls, NY – This quaint village is home to the Women’s Rights National Historic Park.
- Skaneateles, NY – A historic village located on the north shore of beautiful Skaneateles Lake.
- NY State Fairgrounds – Home of the NY State Fair and other events throughout the year.
- Cayuga County Fair Speedway
- Del Lago Casino and Resort – Just a short drive away – check it out!
- Finger Lakes Beer Trail – The Finger Lakes Region is becoming a real tourist destination for craft beer aficionados.
Sports & Activities
- The Finger Lakes region offers 10 public golf courses!
- Auburn Doubledays Baseball – NY Penn League Affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Finger Lakes Skydivers – Finger Lakes Skydivers is located at the Ovid Airport in the Finger Lakes region of Upstate New York. With a friendly atmosphere and beautiful scenery, this is the central New York Skydiving Center you should visit. Let them take you on your first tandem skydive. 607-869-5601
- Balloon Rides by Sunset Adventures – Call 315-252-9474 for information and reservations.
Lakes, Parks, and Waterfalls
- Bear Swamp State Forest- Wilderness trails and beautiful scenery. (607) 753-3095
- Casey Park, Auburn
- Cayuga Lake – This 40-mile long lake provides boat tours, fishing, sailboating, and yacht marinas. Contact Cayuga Marina for services on this lake at (315) 252-5754.
- Emerson Park, Auburn – Another beautiful park, situated on Owasco Lake.
- Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge – Major resting area for waterfowl and other water birds traveling to and from Canada.
- NY State Parks – Cayuga Lake State Park, Fillmore Glen State Park, Long Point State Park, and the four state parks in Ithaca – famous for waterfalls and gorges – are all within an easy drive.
- Owasco Lake – Fishing and boating. Go to Owasco Marina for local services.
- Sonnenberg Gardens and Mansion State Historic Park
- Skaneateles Lake – Daily seasonal boat tours, canoeing, kayaking, and boat rentals.
Kayaking & Boat Tours
- Seneca Lake and Erie Canal guided powerboat tours – Boat rentals, kayak rentals, and tours; call (315) 759-9269 for information.
- Finger Lakes Water Adventures – Narrated Charter Tours & pontoon boat rentals on Seneca Lake.
- Skaneateles Marina – Pontoon boat and canoe rentals; call 315-685-5095 for details.
- The Sailboat Shop – Powerboat, sailboat, canoe, and kayak rentals on beautiful Skaneateles Lake.
- Mid-Lakes Navigation – Dinner, sightseeing, and mail boat narrated tours on Skaneateles Lake.
- Canalside Tours – Custom Guided Tours
- Owasco Paddles – All kinds of kayaks, canoes, and stand-up paddleboards to rent nearby at Emerson Park on Owasco Lake.
Hiking & Biking
- To plan your tour, call (800) 499-9615 to request the Finger Lakes on-road bicycle tours and hiking trails brochure with maps.
- Sterling Lake Nature Center
- Finger Lakes Mall – Home to Bass Pro Shops and more
- Mackenzie-Childs Studio – Aurora, NY – Designs and handcrafts, fine ceramic tableware, home furnishings, and gifts.
- Waterloo Premium Outlets – Save at over 100 outlet stores.
- Skaneateles Village – Fun shops, boutiques, and artisans housed in a charming lakeside village.
- Hanger Theater – Ithaca, NY – Professional Theater since 1975.
- Merry-Go-Round Playhouse – “Broadway in the Finger Lakes”
- Auburn Public Theatre – Auburn, NY – Please visit their website for a schedule of events.
- The Carriage House Theatre – Home to The Pitch
Each morning we serve an ample four-course breakfast. Guests of A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast jokingly refer to it as the “No-Lunch Breakfast” since they are not hungry again until dinner time! With advance notice, any special dietary needs will be accommodated to the best of our ability.
For dinner restaurant selections, you can review our on-site Restaurant Guidebook with many sample menus of all the best localdining spots, from award-winning Skaneateles restaurants to lakeside venues or winery cafes. We are always happy to offer our recommendations. You can also refer to www.auburnmenus.com for a complete listing of local restaurant menus. This is just a partial list of just some of our favorite Auburn, NY, area restaurants, all within a 5 to 25 minute drive:
Daniel’s Grill – Marcellus – One of our favorites with a great eclectic menu, excellent food, and exceptional service. (315) 673-1656
Doug’s Fish Fry – Skaneateles – The freshest “world renowned” fish fry – very popular casual dining. (315) 685-3288
The Restaurant at Elderberry Pond – Auburn – Fresh, organic ingredients produced daily on their farm for a truly revitalizing experience. (Seasonal) (315) 252-6025
The Hollywood Restaurant – Auburn – Excellent Italian American food, friendly-family atmosphere, very reasonably priced. (315) 252-9775
Lasca’s – Auburn – Very popular with the locals. A large, full-service Italian-American restaurant with generous portions. (315) 253-4885
Michael’s Restaurant – Auburn – We highly recommend this local Italian restaurant for their fantastic food, player piano, intimate atmosphere, and reasonable prices. (315) 252-6194
Moro’s Table – Moro’s Table in downtown Auburn offers stunning contemporary décor and exceptional service, and the menu choices are always delightful. We have been very impressed and cannot wait to return time and again – this is a prime choice for all you foodies out there. (315) 282-7772
Prison City Pub and Brewery – Auburn – National Award-winning micro-brewery; terrific beer flights and a full pub menu. (315) 604-1277
Rosalie’s – Skaneateles – Four-star fine Italian dining and an open kitchen with a loud “Italian grandmother’s kitchen” atmosphere. Rosalie’s offers delicious options and the best homemade Italian bread, baked fresh every day. (315) 685-2200
Sherwood Inn – Skaneateles – Fine dining in a beautiful atmosphere. This historic inn is right across the street from Skaneateles Lake, and also offers a pub fare menu. (800) 374-3796
Springside Inn – Auburn – Fine dining in a lovely historic inn with a dining room fireplace. Also has outdoor porch seating in the warmer months. (315) 252-7247